Re: Music and Art *

---------

From: Michelle Lowe (mishlowe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 11:03:03 PST

I will be awaiting the replies to this one for sure! I teach in a school
where my position was pretty much created for me, so I have some freedom to
include music with their art. I have been throwing music lessons in here
and there among the art lessons, since that is another passion and
avocation of mine, but have thought it would be wonderful to be able to
truly mix the two. Unfortunately I haven't had *time* to come up with any
concrete ideas yet, but since MaryAnn asked, I think I will try and
brainstorm a bit.

I think making instruments, and then actually using them come up with
performance quality pieces as a group would be really neat. There was a
commercial on one of the glitzy award shows (grammies?) of a kids choir
doing a contemporary song that was really neat, something like that
combined with musical instrument making maybe...

I don't know if this helps MaryAnn much, but hopefully this great
combination of minds we have here will!!!

At 09:23 AM 3/16/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Does anyone have any ideas for combining music and art?
>

>I'm thinking of ideas like: make some paint splots across a rectangular
>sheet of paper, and then attempt to play these "notes" on a keyboard. Or,
>hmmm, nailing metal items to a sheet of plywood in a collage, and then
>adding drumsticks to beat on the metal.
>
>Any ideas? I will post them back to the group in one big email, if you wish
>to send them directly to me.

Michelle Lowe, potter in the Phoenix desert
 \|/ | mishlowe@amug.org
 -O- | | Mishy@desertdragonpottery.com
 /|\ | | |
       |_|_| www.amug.org/~mishlowe