Music and Art *

---------

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 09:23:55 PST

Does anyone have any ideas for combining music and art? I'm trying to come
up with some. For example, of course kids can make musical instruments, and
invent them as well. And there's coloring, painting, or sculpting to music,
all kinds of music.

But ---
I'm thinking of ideas like: make some paint splots across a rectangular
sheet of paper, and then attempt to play these "notes" on a keyboard. Or,
hmmm, nailing metal items to a sheet of plywood in a collage, and then
adding drumsticks to beat on the metal.

Any ideas? I will post them back to the group in one big email, if you wish
to send them directly to me.

* (For the record, I have considered doing a book on these ideas, but I
don't know if there's really enough to go on. If I ever do a book, I would
ask permission to use your idea, credit you, and give you a free book upon
publication.)

MaryAnn F. Kohl
maryann@brightring.com
http://www.brightring.com