Re: technique vs. expression

---------

From: Fran Marze (fmaiu+_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 17:04:25 PST

I suppose we have to distinguish and sometimes the students do play us
like violins. I have one student who is talented and very nice but always
is pushing to finish. He has one painting still not finished from last
year that he says he is still going to redo; it's a pet project of his. I
told him that he'll probably be visiting me in a nursing home and I'll be
saying: "Timmy, come closer so I see that painting.!"" Oh well, it is fun.

Fran

---