Re: Formula for good trees

---------

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 14:13:20 PST

>I have devised a formula for good trees. No more trunks and sticks!

O.K.... I knew I would get blown out of the woods for giving such specific
directions! But listen! Sometimes I think it is valid to go step by step
with little kids. They loved this lesson. You could see the lights going on
in their heads as I went step by step. In the final project, their trees
didn't all look exactly a like at all. We did look at real trees outside our
window. It was too cold to go outside in March in PA. They said, Oh, now I
see. I think it is o.k. to teach some lessons such as this. Then let them
take this and go with it. These type of lessons are a jumping off point. MJ