grid face project

---------

From: KPRS (kprs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 19:07:43 PST

Bunki suggested I share this idea with you all. We gridded faces on
white paper, and drew them stressing values with pencil. These grids
were 2"x2" (although I have also done 1"x1" as well). We then made
white boxes out of paper that were 2 x 2 (or 1 x 1), and glued each grid
on the face of each block. The kids then rearranged the faces and glued
them as they went for a great piece of sculpture. Some of them 'tumbled
the faces' which we kept in place with pins while the glue dried,
others assembled the face realistically but pushed some boxes back, and
others forward, a sort of "open drawer" look, while others choose to
rearrange the face totally, a la Picasso. The possibilities are
endless. All of these came out great. (I did xerox box patterns a la
bulk, so all they had to do was cut them out and paste them
together....I didn't feel this was an assignment on making boxes, or
being frustrated making boxes, but a "value" assignment that was
3-D).This project was done in my foundations class.

San D

---