Laurel Burch and Bev Doolittle......

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 17:22:03 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
************************
> I've done a Laurel Burch lesson. Lots of fun and a good success rate. The 7th
> grade students stylized various animal drawings with patterns . We used Jazz
> paints to fill them in. Focused on complementary colors.
> MaryB
************************

There was a good article about her in A&A or School Arts and her cat
drawings. I was lucky enough to talk briefly with her in October at the CAEA
(California) convention. She did alot of autographing on posters for us and
was selling alot of her wares....pottery, jewelry, posters, etc. I think her
work is fantastic.

As for Bev Doolittle...friends...if you haven't looked into this artist's
work you really should take the time. She has become my absolutely favorite
artist. She does paintings which have hidden works inside the compositions.
You really have to look closely at her work! Check out two
especially...."The Forest Has Eyes" and "The Sacred Ground".

Toodles....Bunki

---