Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

good tree teachers......

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 17:15:59 PST

from: Bunki Kramer (
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
>(snip)> Then we sometimes paint trees, sometimes we use trees in a weather
> landscape (the cold, rainy winter landscape with bare trees for grade one
> was fantastic!) It seems to get them out of that "lollipop" tree phase.
> By fourth grade, I will call them on the lollipop tree, telling them I know
> they can add more detail than that! Although I do still get lollipop
> least they add more leaves!!!

I'm getting the biggest kick out of you elem. art teachers talking about
your kids making lollipop trees and "calling them on" making these in 4th
grade!!! Would you believe I still have kiddies in middle school who come to
me with the lollipop trees, still doin' the sun in the corner thing, and the
M&M birds? Gracious me! 'Course my kids have never had elem. art by the time
they reach me in 6th. We don't believe in art in the elem. schools around
HERE. I wish you all were teaching my kiddies first so I wouldn't have to
"go" there with them. You would sure save me a ton of time! Toodles....Bunki