Mudworks book and Nutty Putty

---------

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 14:31:15 PST

Use this recipe instead of the one in my book, Mudworks. The recipe in
Mudworks uses liquid starch, and the new modern formula for liquid starch
for today's new and improved world put out by such companies as Proctor and
Gamble (as opposed to that formulated and sold ten years ago) does not work
anymore. This one does! You might want to print it out and tape it into your
Mudworks book on page 126.

===============
Nutty Putty
===============
 2 teaspoons Borax
 another 1/3 cup water
     In one bowl, mix the borax and 1/3 cup water.
Let the borax dissolve completely.
Set aside.

 2 cups regular Elmer's glue (not school glue)
 1 3/4 cups water
        In a second bowl, mix the glue and 1 3/4 cup water.
 Add a few drops of food coloring, if you like.
 Stir well.

        Add the borax and water to the glue and water.
 Before your eyes, the mixture will clump together.
 Then knead it. If there is excess water, ignore it.

        Keep the putty in a large, ziplock plastic bag with air released.
Will last about 2-3 weeks. You'll know when it's time to toss by it's
"fragrance". (you can cut the recipe in half for a smaller batch or double
for a larger batch)

MaryAnn F. Kohl
Bright Ring Publishing, Inc.
PO Box 31338