Re: Bunki's new art- WOW!

---------

From: Betty Bowen (aunthoppy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 07:51:44 PST

Bunki, my 7 & 8 are enlarging their photos on a grid, and it is taking
FOREVER for most of them, and they HATE it. One kid is zipping right along
beautifully, but he's moved here from a town where he had elementary art.

So, my question, were ALL of your self portraits this incredibly awesomely
good? did you have some really really bad ones too? Did absolutely every
student complete the project? Did some simply freak out over the grid
itself? Over tracing paper itself? I have so many who can not use a ruler,
and who even have trouble with the concept of "rectangle".

Absenteeism is so bad that after two weeks I still have kids whose photos
(digital) I have not taken.

I have 55 7 & 8 graders and I'm hoping for 20 portraits. Is that wrong?

Betty (glad to be back, missed youall)

---