Re: I need the wisdom of the sages: Reply

---------

From: Betty Bowen (aunthoppy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 07:38:16 PST

This is my first year of teaching middle school, and I just had a show of
15 new pieces (of my own) hung at a jr. college. A miracle. The only way I
did it was to bring my supplies to school, and give myself an hour every
day after I'd picked up the room. I made everything the same size, the
same paper (woodcuts). During my planning period I could leaf through them
and think about what to do next - proved to be a really nice mental
"break".

I won't do this all the time, but it worked to get a show done.

I like what I'm doing because of the kids and also I have a really nice
faculty to work with.

---