Re: 4th grade watercolor landscapes

---------

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 18:38:28 PST

>Hi all --
>I have our 4th graders paint watercolor landscapes to tie in with the
>Hudson>---

I just did landscapes with fourth grade. We did 3 6"x18" watercolors. First
wet on wet- skys. Then wet on dry- mountain dackground area. Then dry on
dry- grass, rocks, trees- forground area. They just blocked in areas of
color, not actually trying to paint objects. Then they glued their skies to
the top of a white 18"x12" construction paper. They tore the tops of the
mountains and glued it overlapping the sky. Their scrapes could be inserted
behind the mountains to look like other mountains farther away. Then the
foreground was lorn slightly across the top,tearing tops of tree shapes. The
same can be done with the scraps here. Then we used oil pastels to add
details. These can totally cover the watoercolorso some added ponds and
waterfalls coming out of the mountains.The oil pastels made them really come
alive, if you know what I mean. MJ