Re: Teaching the merits of abstract art

---------

From: Fran Marze (fmaiu+_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 13:42:45 PST

We just finished a lesson for Art I where everyone had to do a hard edge
painting in acrylics. Most of them came out very well. However, my
colleague and I started with slides of examples and all the students
thought this would be very easy until they started. After a lot of touch
ups and finishing, etc. They agreed that this was not as easy as they
thought. Then I let them know how LARGE some of those paintings were. We
had them use a specific color scheme too. ()not one of their favorite
things to do) I think, too, that doing some art in that manner and seeing
that it is not as easy as it seems is worthwhile.
Fran

---