How to make kaleidoscopes

---------

From: KPRS (kprs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 12:56:27 PST

Found this information on the web from someone on this list in 1997~

Use your mylar to make kaleidoscopes:

Line a Pringles can or other tubing with a layer of mylar; make an eye
hole
in one end for an unusual type.

Glue mylar to three cardboard rectangles approx 1" x 9". (keep the glue
as
thin as possible--may have to experiment.) Tape the rectangles to make a

triangular tube and cover to make light tight. Invent ways to place
images in front of the open end--e.g. tape a pinwheel to the side;
decorate
circles of plastic and spin on a nail taped to the side; fasten a small
plastic container to the end (e.g. from sewing notions, etc.) and fill
with
colorful beads, small pieces of mylar etc.

And since I'm working on gathering Kaleidoscope info and related lessons

right now, here is a sneak preview of some of the information that will
be available (hopefully by Nov 1) on the new Missouri Art Educators
Association web site. It will also include lessons that can be adapted
for
the one computer art room.
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Dell/9575

Kaleidoscope related sites: