Re: Living Artists (about Woodys project)

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 12:42:35 PST

To Judy and All,
        Woody (Me) has been real slow getting his "Living Artists" project
off the ground. But it alive and well now, we did our first real
interview with Marie Mason. She is a Kansas City artist who had
an opening at the Blue Gallery on March 1st. Marie came to
Rosedale and was interviewed by my students on Thursday, March 8th.
I'm using her interview as part of my presentation at NAEA. My
time slot is 2:00 PM on Wednesday. We plan to interview at least
two more artists before the end of this school year.
        I'm bring a tape of the interview with me to New York. Each of our
interviews will be live and probably done at our school. My original
first artist fell through. His "publicist" would not let him sign a release,
nor allow video or audio taping of the interview. She would allow him
to visit with the students, but nothing recorded. Reading between the
lines, I think she is just trying to carefully manage his career. I wish
him luck, but you can't do oral research with out recording, unless you
are one real good note taker.
        With 19 Middle Level presentations at the same time, I don't know
what sort of turnout to expect. I'm bringing 100 handouts. Hope to see
some ArtsEdNet folks at my presentation. I was extremely proud of my
students in the very professional way they conducted themselves for the
interview. A good friend and fellow art teacher, Ann Hamil, stood in at our
practice interview. It went fantastic. Once that was over I had no
worry
about my students. Expect the best, and you get it.
                                                Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com