Living Artists (yes - you folks too-)

---------

From: JDecker (JDecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 07:16:45 PST

My Art Tech students will begin their "Know the Artist" soon
(http://elms.elida.k12.oh.us/~jdecker/spotlite.htm). This year I am going to
give bonus points if they do a "Living Artist" -- the only stipulation is
that the artist has to have a web page online...and the student must e-mail
the artist (either through my account at school or from theirs at home to
get permission to put thumbnails of images on the Web pages they create).
Last year I only had one student choose a living artist. Since that artist
never replied to her e-mails (several), we did not post her page to the
Web--it was just a learning experience for her.

Monday, I am showing my students Jim McNeill's movies-- I sure hope one will
pick him (as I know he would be delighted to get an e-mail from one of my
students). I already have a student page in the works from last year for
M.C. Escher --so that name is off my list for this year.

PLEASE post names of "Living Artists" you know who might welcome this idea.
I think we had a thread on this last year ---but how can I find it now?...no
search feature on our archives now.

Woody-- I have your "Oral History" page book-marked. Do you have a list of
artists you contacted? If I don't see a reply to the list from this, I will
bug you later.

Thanks to all who reply--I will post a complete list of all names I receive
by Friday.

Judy Decker
mailto:Jdecker@woh.rr.com
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker