Fw: Jewelry curriculum

---------

From: Dorothy Kane (creative-metals_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 12:41:51 PST

> developing a 4 week high school jewelry curriculum, and I was
> wondering if anyone had any good ideas for project or art history
> exemplars? ... If anyone has any suggestions or ideas for me I would
really appreciate them!

There are many, but a few: "The Complete Metalsmith" by Tim McCreight is
loaded with technique, is highly illustrative, is very user-friendly for
high schoolers, and touches on history. "The Jeweler's Art, a Multimedia
Approach" by Alice Sprintzen might give you some good ideas for such a short
time frame. Cultural aspects of materials are briefly addressed in her
descriptions.

---