Re: TRANSFER PAPERS?

---------

From: Bill Sechler (BillSe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 11:58:24 PST

Thanks, I don't do shirts myself but I know they are popular with the teens.

>>> rcarp@infi.net 03/09 4:48 PM >>>

----------
>From: "Bill Sechler" <BillSe@fsusd.k12.ca.us>
>To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu>
>Subject: Re: TRANSFER PAPERS?
>Date: Fri, Mar 9, 2001, 10:07 AM
>

> What do you mean by "transfer paper"? I use photo/glossy paper for ink or
> laser printer and it comes out as a photographic print.

Dear Bill,
    Transfer paper is the t-shirt transfer paper that you can use as hot or
cold peel. You can transfer an image using the paper and an inkjet printer
and then iron the image to many surfaces such as canvas, t-shirts, rice
papers, watercolor paper, etc. Then, you can use other media on top of it if
you want. I have used acrylic and oil paints on top of a transfered image
that was ironed onto canvas. I have used many different types of rice papers
and then you can use colored pencil, some chalk pastels, pen and ink, etc.
on top of that image. You can do lots of interesting mixed media collage
work using the transfer paper.

                                        Becky