digital photography

---------

From: Osbornes (gosborne_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 08:33:34 PST

We (two of us) teach Digital Photography at our new 'this year' High School
(Emerald Ridge, also home of Megan Quann the Olympic Gold medalist)
utilizing mainly Adobe Photoshop6, but we sometimes use Microsoft PhotoDraw.
We are using 2 new models of Kodak Digital Cameras.
We will also be using flatbed scanners and film scanners which we just
received.
We put our weekly lessons online for all kids to have access to.
These lessons are a compilation of things we have found on the web and in
print and some have links directly to the lesson sites.....
When we first started Photoshop6, the kids were getting a bit frustrated as
the program is pretty in-depth, but since they are now becoming better
users, they are starting to see the power that Photoshop6 has!
We are starting to hear "wow, this is cool!" kinda stuff

We did change our course title/description for next year. Next year we will
offer Digital Imaging, instead of Digital photography. Many kids sign up
thinking they get to check out a camera, and leave class all period, for the
whole semester. (What, we gotta write and work on computers?, but this is
photography!)
So we changed the title, as the new photography is now more
computer/software based.

You can find all our digital photo class informationn at:
http://www.puyallup.k12.wa.us/high/emerald/courses/digpho/

One of our ongoing lessons is banners for our school website....When posted,
each time you refresh a new banner will come up....
These are produced monthly by our digital photography students.
Currenlty we are in the process of putting up new banners, so our logo is
there for now...
The current banner assignment was due yesterday 3/9, so keep an eye out for
a whole slew of upcoming spring holidays/school activity banners.....

To see the banners (when up)go to the link to the high school main page at:
http://www.puyallup.k12.wa.us/high/emerald

I also teach video production which has its own webpage I maintain:
All my lessons and rubrics are posted as the assignments are given, so no
more, "I lost the assignment" excuses, as all kids have access to computers
in our lab!!
That link, which I posted a while back is:
www.erhstv.com

And since I coach track, I also have a site I maintain for that also,
www.erhstrack.com
The track site is in work, so there is more stuff to follow.
Feel free to pass the link on to your fellow track coaches

any questions, or input,
feel free to email me at
admin@erhstv.com and cc me at gosborne@puyallup.k12.wa.us

Thanks,