Re: digital photography/ traditional photography

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 10 2001 - 05:15:53 PST

I responded to this already, but I have failed to see it come up, so I'm
reposting.

I teach a Computer Graphic Arts class to 11th-12th graders. We use Macs,
Photoshop, scanners, Sony Mavica FD-90 digital camera, and three manual 35mm
SLR cameras. A bit of old school/new school. I buy Arista bulk roll film,
and enjoy watching the students in a more direct "hands on" experience,
rolling their own film, messing up occasionally....which I think fosters
more appreciation for simply dropping off a roll at the 1-hour, or the
digital. They are working well together in teams.

We have a small darkroom, and developing film negatives and prints is a nice
break from working on the computers everyday. The students love it. Its a
lot of extra time mixing the chemicals, and keeping things in order....but,
well worth the time.

Larry

http://www.artsmentor

---