OT: 4-day week?

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 20:32:01 PST

Hi, all,

Our district is considering a four-day week, though probably not for
next year. If any of you have the same sort of schedule, I'd appreciate
some feedback that I can pass on to the people studying it. Please
note:

school hours at each level (meaning, 7:30-4:30 or whatever)
number of actual instructional hours each day (not including breakfast,
lunch, passing periods between classes)
at MS or HS level, the number and length of the periods each day
days in the school year
classes meet each day? The whole year?
advantages to your district/school/classes
disadvantages of the same
If you were teaching in the district before the four-day week, did
attendance improve? How 'bout achievement and test scores?

Please e-mail me privately, so as not to clutter the list, and also
because I'll be having my messages held when I leave for NYC. I have to
drive to Phoenix on Monday night, so will put the mail on hold in the
a.m.

Thanks.

Maggie

---