Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Art Research

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 21:06:33 PST

  Personally, I do dock points for spelling, punctuation, etc. - especially since I require them to be typed and all the extra effort involved is to hit a simple "spell check" button. Then they do need to proof-read their own work to be sure it is accurate. I then look at historical accuracy, references, and if I honestly feel that the student gained an understanding from their research. Grading written papers is pretty similiar to grading artwork - it is all subjective, and you know what it is you are looking for in the assignment. A well written paper is much the same as a well designed artwork. I do write comments on their papers. I allow students to turn in papers early so I can grade it as a "rough draft". Students then know what it is they need to correct before the final paper is written.

  Hi Friends,
  How do you grade (rubric) an art (research project) report? Do you correct
  spelling, punctuation, etc.? Do you have a criteria for the student? Do you
  write comments on their paper? Can anyone help?