Re: Art Research

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 21:06:33 PST

  Personally, I do dock points for spelling, punctuation, etc. - especially since I require them to be typed and all the extra effort involved is to hit a simple "spell check" button. Then they do need to proof-read their own work to be sure it is accurate. I then look at historical accuracy, references, and if I honestly feel that the student gained an understanding from their research. Grading written papers is pretty similiar to grading artwork - it is all subjective, and you know what it is you are looking for in the assignment. A well written paper is much the same as a well designed artwork. I do write comments on their papers. I allow students to turn in papers early so I can grade it as a "rough draft". Students then know what it is they need to correct before the final paper is written.
  ~Michal

  Hi Friends,
  How do you grade (rubric) an art (research project) report? Do you correct
  spelling, punctuation, etc.? Do you have a criteria for the student? Do you
  write comments on their paper? Can anyone help?
  Thanks!!

---