Re: The best crayons, colored pencils, markers, chalk

---------

From: Michelle Lowe (mishlowe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 16:44:12 PST

At 04:31 PM 3/9/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Personally, I like the Crayola crayons, markers, and watercolors for
>everything. Fiskars scissors are great. Elmer's WHITE glue (no glue
>sticks!!!). These are all on the classroom list but the only thing I require
>them to purchase/provide is Sharpie markers. Now I fully realize that I am
>about to be flamed for my not allowing glue sticks AND for using Sharpies,
>but this is what I do. :-) I HATE all the fancy glue they sell to the kids
>nowadays! Pink and green glue can really destroy a project!

My kids have glue sticks in their classrooms (I'm on a cart) and use them
quite often, I agree the colored glues ruin some of their things. I tried
to order sharpies at the beginning of the year but I was informed firmly
that permanent markers were not an option. Disappointing...I think the
Crayola classpack will be the way I go next year.

Mishy, first year elementary art teacher

Michelle Lowe, potter in the Phoenix desert
 \|/ | mishlowe@amug.org
 -O- | | Mishy@desertdragonpottery.com
 /|\ | | |
       |_|_| www.amug.org/~mishlowe