RE: The best crayons, colored pencils, markers, chalk

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 10:38:55 PST

We buy class packs of Crayola and they last for several years. We store the
markers "in use" tip down in cans. This keeps the tips from drying out and
makes it easy to spot the topless markers because they are shorter than the
others. Loose tops fall off as they are being put up. A staff member goes
through the markers once a month testing them and the dry ones are thrown
out and replaced from the class set box. Every 4 months (between exhibits)
we go through the cans sorting buy color so each can has an = number of each
color. Extras of favorite colors are added at that time.

Kimberly Herbert (kimberly@wcc.net)
CAM Administrator