Re: Bunki's new art- WOW!

---------

KSchiavo00_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 20:54:48 PST

bkramer@srvusd.k12.ca.us writes:

> http://ww2.lcms.srvusd.k12.ca.us/faculty/faculty.html

Bunki- Your student self-portraits are wonderful!!!!! I would be very
interested in how you presented the project to your students. I am at the
high school and my students freak out when I suggest to use any color other
than "skin tone"- and they'll waste hours on trying to mix the exact color of
their skin. These are sooooooo much better than the old photo realism
approach! I have tried the "Fauvism" lecture for inspiration (Green Stripe)
but they resist. I want to do my self -portrait lesson again with your
color approach. Please tell me your secret. These are so beautiful.
Kathy in Kalamazoo

---