Re: Egypt/Mummification Info/Jayna

---------

From: L. P. Skeen (lpskeen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 18:05:59 PST

 I was given an article last year about a MODERN mummification - a donated
cadaver was mummified to try to understand/emulate Egyptian techniques.

Last year at NCAEA, there was a presentation by 2 teachers (1 art teacher, 1
SS teacher) about mummifying a chicken. They divide the kids into teams and
each team mummifies a bird. They learn about Egypt, etc. in the SS class,
then in art they make Sarcophagi and decorate same, as well as decorating
the mummy when finished. The project uses a lot of salt!