Studies of Hands

---------

From: JDecker (JDecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 17:48:05 PST

I give up.... I have hunted and hunted for images of hands on the Internet.
I know I have seen hand drawings by Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo and
Picasso...but can I find them on the Net now? To top it all off---there was
a thread on the list not too long ago about drawing
hands---but----naturally, I wasn't doing that unit at the time so did not
save the posts.....AND the search function seems to be kaput.

Does anyone have links to drawings of hands or paintings of hands? I know
your posts will get to me too late for my class tomorrow....but I can give
the kiddles extra credit if they look at what is new to the page.

This is the page I put together to get them started.
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/hands.htm
Any help will be appreciated. I already wrote to Bunki and thanked her for
this idea. My students are really excited about it. Those who are not as
talented at drawing will use digital images of their hands holding the
ribbon as a guide (and will grid or trace the photo). This improvisation
came as a result of our skills test drawing today.

Thanks,
Judy Decker

---