Re: traditional and digital photography

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 13:29:10 PST

Becky...

I have a computer Graphic/Arts class....lasting nine weeks, teaching photo enhancement, fine art techniques utilizing Photoshop. I use a Sony Mavica 90 digital camera, and we have four 35mm manual SLR cameras. My students learn to roll their own film with a bulk roller, process Arista black and white film using Kodak D-76 and Dektol chemistry. A bit of the old school/new school. The hands on efforts of the old school teaches the students to appreach what can be done digitally...but, I suspect they are having a great deal of fun with the hit/miss risky nature of chemistry.

Larry

http://www.artsmentor.org

---