Re: Jewelry curriculum

---------

From: Lisa Davis (davisli_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 12:08:57 PST

Oppi Untracht has a book on jewelry design and construction. It's very comprehensive and has lots of nice pictures and ideas for both contemporary and non-western/traditional jewelry. I know that it is on Anazon.com, and can sometimes be found at larger book stores like Borders, etc. It is kind of expensive ($75-110), but it is the best book I've seen for jewelry.

>>> elsenak@uwec.edu 03/08/01 12:19PM >>>
Hello!!

I wrote an entry yesterday, but I am not sure if it was sent right, so I am
writing again! Sorry if you have already received this email!

I am developing a 4 week high school jewelry curriculum, and I was
wondering if anyone had any good ideas for project or art history
exemplars? I just got the book Africa Adorned, and I was thinking of
focusing on the African culture as the art history part of the lesson. I
am familiar with making rings, bracelets, and pendents, and thought that
something like that could be the production part of the lesson.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas for me I would really appreciate them!

Thanks so much!
Angie Elsen