Re: Elementary Family Art Night

---------

From: MaryAnn Kohl (maryann_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 08:43:13 PST

On 3/6/01 2:26 PM, Mrsbeeswax@aol.com at Mrsbeeswax@aol.com wrote:

> I was thinking of having different stations of
> activities.

Perfect. Stations work great.

Newspaper Sculpture Station:
I like rolling newspaper (on the diagonal - I like using double sheets)
around dowels, pull the dowel out, tape the paper. use these tubes to build
huge sculptures with masking tape. Have about 100 rolled ahead, and then
people can roll more of them at the station.
Add other materials like colorful yarn and scraps of paper to tape to the
sculpture.
These take on a random form...abstract...and are big and fun.

You can see this idea at my webpage in the "archives".
MaryAnn

MaryAnn F. Kohl
maryann@brightring.com
http://www.brightring.com