Re: Having a bad day? a bit of humor

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 15:18:21 PST

Aaron and Jennifer wrote:

> THE NEXT TIME Y0U THINK YOU ARE HAVING A BAD DAY
>
> Fire authorities in California found a corpse in a burned out section of
> forest while assessing the damage done by a forest fire. The deceased male
> was dressed in a full wet suit, complete with scuba tanks on his back,
> flippers, and face mask. <snip>
> This article was taken from the California Examiner, March 20, 1998.

No, it wasn't. This story's been going around the Internet since at
least 1996. On the scuba newsgroup I subscribe to, some newbie always
brings it up, which the rest of always interpret as the beginning of
"firediving" season. I suspect the other stories are bogus, too,
humorous though they may be.

Maggie

---