Re: self-segregation

---------

From: Jayna Ledbetter (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 15:09:46 PST

My students do not segregate themselves at all. It is
rare for all of my white kids to sit apart from all of
my black kids; its just not an issue. In fact, most
of the little "couples" are black/white. This is both
white boys "going with" black girls and white girls
"going with" black boys. We don't have that many
students with other backgrounds. I think the racial
harmony we have is great. We teachers are the same
way.
Jayna