Position opening

---------

From: Dennis Freeman (freemad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 08:43:56 PST

We have an opening for the 2001 -2002 school year at Green River High School
in Green River, Wyoming. This is a permanent position in a three-person
department with a wonderful facility. Wyoming's legislature just raised
teacher pay, so we should be competitive with other Rocky Mtn. states.

We are looking for a working artist-teacher with excellent classroom
management skills. Any area of specialization or preparation would be
considered, but experience with computer graphics, sculpture or printmaking
would be a big plus. We are willing to modify the curriculum of acquire new
equipment for the right person.

We offer an amazing 3 year-old facility with 4 classrooms (drawing,
painting, a dedicated 3D space & computer graphics w/ Mac G4's). We have
matt cutting equipment, gas & electric kilns, clay machinery, bronze foundry
and a sculpture/pottery yard. The budget is fairly generous & there is good
administrative support. The program has a long record of success, with many
students going off to school on scholarships, regular visiting artist
workshops and high demand for classes.

Green River is located on the Western side of the Continental Divide in
Southwestern Wyoming. We are in a spectacularly beautiful 6700' high desert
environment between the Wind River, Uinta and Wyoming mountain ranges. 3
hrs. to Salt Lake City, 4 1/2 hrs. to Yellowstone, 30 minutes to Flaming
Gorge Nat. Rec. Area. Thomas Moran did several paintings of the immediate
area in 1870, if you want to see what it looks like. Green River has a
population of about 14,000, and the nearest town, Rock Springs, has around
20,000.

If you are interested, get your portfolio together & contact me:
Dennis Freeman
GRHS, 1615 Hitching Post
Green River, WY 82935
(307) 872-4747 0r 875-4726 (home)