Re: traditional and digital photography

---------

From: Bill Sechler (BillSe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 07:49:02 PST

We have both at our high school, the traditional photo class is always begging for new materials and supplies which are toxic. I am using and teaching digital art and photography which once you have the equipment is an exciting new way of developing and producing "photos" that print well and are clean and safe to handle. Our new high school is going digital exclusively for this reason. I believe that traditional will remain and be a viable art form but all new art tools experience a rejection at first by the traditional profesionals. Even the wooden pencil went through this period.

>>> rcarp@infi.net 03/07 5:46 AM >>>
Hi,
    I am taking a graduate course using traditional and digital photography
in the art classroom. One of our assignments is to talk with educators who
are using one, the other, or a combination of traditional and digital
photography in their classrooms. I would love to hear from anyone who is
using photography in their computer or art classes.
    I don't personally have access to a darkroom in my school and am leaning
towards using digital cameras, scanners, and the computers with my students.
I am teaching them to work in Photoshop and we're going to be doing computer
transfers on fabric to create a large collage. I'd be interested in
exchanging information. Thanks.
Becky Carpenter