Re: help !! Ideas needed for Elementary Family Art Night , please !!

---------

From: barb cicchelli (bcriverspirit_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 06:14:53 PST

 We have the family arts night every other year and have traditional concer/art show on the off years. We combine music and art-have 6 stations of art set up in the gym and 4 stations of music in the classrooms-past stations have been-jazz improv-musician brought a ton of xylophones and orf instruments for instruction, drumming room, folk musician, blues..art stations have been gyataku-fish printing,monotype-with carandache and plexi,fimo sculpture, rock painting, create a mural-hand print designs,Native American hair ties, Our budget this year from PTA is $1500-$500 for supplies and $1000 for artists/musicians..will coordinate with empty bowls project-I know it's the wrong time of year but October just rolls around too early for me-each kid will have a bowl on display and parents can donate to feed the hungry when they take bowl home..Good luck

  Mrsbeeswax@aol.com wrote:
Hi,
Since it is youth art month , I agreed to have a family art night st one of
my elementary schools. The PTO is very supportive and will help with some
finances.
I really need to pick your collective brains for ideas that my parents and
kids can do side by side. I was thinking of having different stations of
activities. A small one for this first attempt and then expand it to be a
yearly occurance each March.
I know some of you have spoken about doing this before, but since the
switchover of artsednet server, I can't get to the archives like I used to.
So let the ideas flow, and perhaps others besides myself will be inspired to
do this also at their schools.
Thanks in advance, Christine B. :)
PS--- if soneone will post the photo site also , I'd like to post some pics.