Re: help !! Ideas needed for Elementary Family Art Night , please !!

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 20:26:31 PST

A long time back I read an article about doing portraits at a parent/ child art
night. This could definitely be a side by side activity- child draws adult
while adult draws child. I think the article talked about having a little
slide show first of a variety of portrait styles. If you just want to set it
up as a "station", use prints or print-outs. Human faces can be intimidating
to draw, so I would show lot of abstract or simplified portraits and maybe a
diagram of facial proportions. Then the portraits could be hung together.

Susan Holland
Visual Art Studies
University of Texas at Austin
susan_holland@teachnet.edb.utexas.edu