NAEA NYC

---------

From: Nancy Walkup (walkup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 07:43:46 PST

I would like to encourage all who are going to attend all the general
sessions at the conference in NYC because we have some great speakers.
Eldon Katter opens on Thurday morning at 9, followed by artist Sandy
Skoglund at 4:00 on Friday, collector and art patron Ray Nasher on
Saturday at 9 (he has the finest private collection of modern sculpture
and is the closest contemporary art has to a patron), and space artist
Robert McCall on Sunday morning at 9. In a great connection, there are
teaching units online at ArtsEdNet about Sandy Skoglund and space art.
We will also be presenting three "conversations," one each afternoon,
with the contemporary artists Mierle Ukeles, Pepon Osorio, and Fred
Wilson. And, Robert McCall will be featured in the convention issue of
SchoolArts magazine, available for free in Davis Publications booth in
the commercial exhibits.

See you in NYC!

Nancy

---