Joseph Raffael & NAEA

---------

From: One of the Colmans (colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 03:19:29 PST

Woody,
Thanks for the tip about the gallery that carries Joseph Raffael's work. I
have loved his paintings ever since I saw a retrospective at the Denver Art
Museum back in the 70's. I haven't seen much since so I will try to find
the gallery you mentioned. Do you know of any books with good reproductions
of his watercolors? My other favorite American artists are Janet Fish,
Martin Johnson Heade and John Singer Sargent.

We have a snow day today here on Cape Cod. ( and probably one tomorrow too.)
I plan to tap into my artsist side and do several watercolors over the next
couple of days. I am getting very anxious for NY. It will be wonderful to
see everyone and everything!

Til then,
Marian

---