Re: Why Do All the Black Kids Sit

---------

From: Vivian Komando (komandv_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 20:16:23 PST

" Why Do All the Black Kids Sit

do you think the black kids ask why do all the white kids

sit together??"

Could be.....

"Just wondering
keep the peace
\gabrielle"

Gabrielle,

The book actually addresses many ethnic identities
(including Cuban, which I am, and had not seen a book
address this other than saying Spanish or Hispanic)and
where our identities come from. Check to see if your
library has one. I saw it by chance last year at our
local bookstore on a table celebrating Black History
Month.

And at our school - our kids seem to mix at lunch, so I
don't know why they sit where they sit - or if they care
- as long as they do get a seat - we are overcrowded at
lunch - even with 3 lunch periods! (2200+ kids - that's a
lot of lunches - except for the kids that skip and go to
the golden arches*J*

Keep Keeping the Peace,
Vivian

=====
Increase the Peace ~^~ {^}Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. Robert F. Kennedy