Commercial Art

---------

From: jpawlow2 (jpawlow2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 19:26:19 PST

Judy;

I teach a course that we call Multimedia but is basically a Commercial Art
class using the computer. My students work with Photoshop, Illustrator and
PageMaker (a bit, we are plagued with RAM problems with PageMaker). We work
on a number of the previously mentioned assignments i.e.. type,
self-portraits, advertisements as well the following:
        Logo Design with the coordinating stationery using the design
        Postage Stamp Design
        Simplifying a graphic symbol (i.e. design a road sign)
        Magazine covers (in my advanced class, the entire magazine)
        CD covers
        Creating an illustration based on one-point perspective (this year we
created a "set for a science fiction movie")
        Newsletter design
        Brochure design
Think of the computer as the design tool to create the art. If you have more
questions, please feel free to contact me.

Jane

---