Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Commercial Art

From: jpawlow2 (jpawlow2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 19:26:19 PST

I teach a course that we call Multimedia but is basically a Commercial Art
class using the computer. My students work with Photoshop, Illustrator and
PageMaker (a bit, we are plagued with RAM problems with PageMaker). We work
on a number of the previously mentioned assignments i.e.. type,
self-portraits, advertisements as well the following:
        Logo Design with the coordinating stationery using the design
        Postage Stamp Design
        Simplifying a graphic symbol (i.e. design a road sign)
        Magazine covers (in my advanced class, the entire magazine)
        CD covers
        Creating an illustration based on one-point perspective (this year we
created a "set for a science fiction movie")
        Newsletter design
        Brochure design
Think of the computer as the design tool to create the art. If you have more
questions, please feel free to contact me.