Re: Art Club Survey

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 18:58:01 PST

Dear Mary,
> I'd like to know how many of you get compensation for doing an Art Club

I do not get paid

> How often do most of you meet?

We meet 16 times per year

> My principal said he'd try to get funds for me to do an after school club.
> don't think it is going to happen( getting funds). Am I nuts for going
ahead
> and doing it anyhow?

I think people doing clubs should be compensated. As far as "being nuts"
sometimes I feel nuts, or underappreciated rather, for doing it for free.
However, the kids involved love it, and they always thank me for taking the
time to do it. They wouldn't get it any other way, and so I continue to
volunteer. My PTA gives me $250 for supplies and pizza parties (we have
two).

Leah

---