Re: Art Club Survey

---------

From: KPRS (kprs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 18:54:34 PST

Our after school clubs/yearbooks/sports are compensated through what is known as
Schedule E, and is negotiated by our union. I did art club for over 10 years for
no pay, just for the joy of it. I do yearbook, and all that it entales to get a
320 page book out, for $2500 (which comes down to minus cents an hour), again for
the joy of it. Next year I will start a puppet troupe for nothing. I have also
been ecology club advisor, and student political group advisor for nothing. I do
it because I think you can enrich kids lives through afterschool activities in
ways we can't do in the classroom. I suppose if I wanted to push for compensation
I could see my union representative, but then again, I would be locked into doing
it. One thing about volunteering, you can always "unvolunteer".

San D

---