Re: Egypt

---------

From: Jean Gallagher (jeanalice2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 18:40:06 PST

Just finished a winner with my 6th graders. I drew their sihouette on
white paper ( I used the light from the overhead projector, and directed
the shadow unto a wall). Then the students turned their profile into an
Eqyptian princess or pharoah. I had lots of examples from books and
magazines for them to refer to. They loved it. They especially liked
using gold foil, beads, and sequins to represent the jewels. The boys
even liked it, they could draw themselves with piercings and spiked hair
and not get into trouble.
Jean in Michigan

---