RE: question about silkscreen ink

---------

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 14:45:29 PST

Crystal, my husband works for Coates which sells screen printing inks and
supplies. He says he has never heard of a ink that does that afterimage but
feels pretty sure that there are several inks with phosphorus in them. The
company's web-site is http://coates-screen.com and there is contact
information on the site for someone near you. You probably need to call or
e-mail someone who works in a lab within the company. I have seen the
afterimage effect you described by using some kind of paper. It took longer
and was much smaller. Good luck! Michelle

Crystal wrote "Silkscreen ink... against a painted wall. A bright light is
flashed on then off. An afterimage of the students shadow remains on the
wall for a few seconds."