need references

---------

From: Terry Mead (renmead_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 13:02:35 PST

I teach Intermediate School art and ceramics. With my 6th grade introductory
semester class to art I use a book called Drawing in the Classroom by Roger
Kukes. His book is a good fit for my style of teaching and my student's
maturity levels.
He also has published a book called The Zoetrope Book which includes
instructions for creating a zoetrope (Baskin Robbins ice cream tub and a
lazy susan base from the kitchen supply section of the market) He goes into
detail of the kinds of animation that can be done in this device. I found
this very successful with 7-8 graders.
The Zoetrope Book
by Roer Kukes
ISBN 0-9622330-0-5
Pub:Klassroom Kinetics: Portland, Oregon
$15.00

Lois Mead
Joaquin Moraga Int. School
Moraga CA