Re: Need Mac Help

---------

From: melissa (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 11:57:20 PST

>It's me again, frustrated by my i-Mac:
> Don't tell me to get a PC. I use an "external Imation Superdisc" to
>load floppies onto my i-Mac. It has decided to stop showing the disc
>on the desktop. I can't access the floppy. I've unplugged and replugged
>the power and the USB. I've tried a different port. I've reinstalled the
>system (in place). I've played with the extension manager. It seems to
>take the disc and read it (no green light) but I can't access it. I can
>push
>the eject button to release the disc and
>the little green light comes on as the disc is ejected.
> Does anyone have a clue ???? Woody in KC

Woody,
Have you tried another disk to make sure your first one isn't bad?
Have you tried restarting the computer with the drive plugged in?
(you can even put the disk in the drive before you restart). Check in
the preferences folder and see if there is a imation preference. If
so, trash it and try things again. Anytime a particular program (or
hardware) starts acting funny and everything else is fine, I suspect
the preferences and trash those particular ones. You might also want
to go on the imation website and see if there are any updates. Let me
know! It's been a LONG week of troubleshooting here in Mali!

---