Re: favorite american artists

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 09:09:46 PST

MaryAnn Kohl wrote:

> Who are your favorite American artists...that you like to learn
> techniques or styles with kids?

In my classroom, I often use examples by Oldenburg, Wyeth, Warhol, and
Johns (ordinary objects as subjects for art; and also Oldenburg's
monumentality for sculpture); Rauschenburg and Bearden for collage;
Helen Hardin for her use of modern tools and techniques with traditional
Indian motifs; Maria Martinez and Jody Folwell for their traditional and
non-traditional interpretations in pottery; Homer, O'Keefe, Noland,
Louis, and Wyeth for painting techniques.

Maggie

---