Women's History Month!!!

---------

From: JDecker (JDecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 07:55:16 PST

Hey women - We have our own month now, too. And yes, this does relate to
art....How many of you remember learning about WOMEN Renaissance artists in
college (If you went to college in the 70's---you are probably in the same
boat as me--There were no women discussed)? This list is by no means
comprehensive. Please post additional Women's History sites you have found.
I am assigning a homework assignment about women in the arts for my new
group of students (we are on trimesters)

Check out some of these links:
http://www.nwhp.org/

National Women's History Museum
http://www.nmwh.org/
Table of Contents:
http://www.nmwa.org/navindex.htm

Celebrate Women's History
http://familyeducation.com/topic/front/0,1156,22-5181,00.html

This page has a link to "printables"-- coloring pages of Women heroes.
http://familyeducation.com/article/0,1120,22-12467,00.html

History of the American Suffragist Movement
http://www.suffragist.com/ex1.htm

Women's suffrage--pictures
http://lcweb2.loc.gov/ammem/vfwhtml/vfwhome.html

Women's Suffrage and the 19th Amendment
http://www.nara.gov/education/teaching/woman/home.html

National Museum of Women in the Arts
http://www.nmwa.org/

Women in Art
http://www.mystudios.com/women/women.html

Women Artists (there are some interesting links on this page, too)
http://www.wendy.com/women/artists.html

Books on Women Artists:
http://www.wendy.com/women/bookstore.html

Sonoma State University
http://libweb.sonoma.edu/special/waa/

Women Artists of the American West
http://www.sla.purdue.edu/waaw/

Women Art and Society (site by Mary Ann Sullivan--Bluffton College)
http://www.bluffton.edu/womenartists/contents.html

Distinguished Women Past and Present:
http://www.distinguishedwomen.com/subject/art.html

Women Artists: Self Portraits and Representations of Womanhood
http://www.csupomona.edu/~plin/women/womenart.html

Crossing the Threshold (20th Century women artists --age 70 to 95)
http://www.albany.edu/museum/wwwmuseum/crossing/crossing.htm

Women Artists - Medieval to Modern (has links to images by 700 women
artists) University of Wisconsin--River Falls
http://www.uwrf.edu/history/women.html
I would suggest using the alphabetical listing with students
http://www.uwrf.edu/history/women/womena1.html

Artcyclopedia-- Women artists chronological listing
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/women.html

Australian Women's Art Registrar
http://yarranet.net.au/womar/womar1.htm

Women Artists in Canada
http://collections.ic.gc.ca/waic/collection.htm

Women Artist in Mexico
http://www.lightfactory.org/mexico/index.html

Women Artists from Getty ArtsEdNet
http://www.artsednet.getty.edu/ArtsEdNet/Resources/Women/index.html

In the Artist's Footsteps (Women of Australia---this link from Gina Grant)
http://www.artistsfootsteps.com

"The history of all times, and of today especially, teaches that... women
will be forgotten if they forget to think about themselves." ~ Louise
Otto-Peters

Have fun surfing!

Judy Decker

---