Fw: Frustrated in Michigan-need HS lessons.

---------

From: Dorothy Kane (creative-metals_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 06:19:08 PST

From: Jean Gallagher

< I am mentally exhausted trying to figure out how, what, and how to get to these kids. PLEASE, any ideas would be appreciated >

Jean,
I suspect your students are also "frustrated in Michigan". They are looking for a quick fix for whatever is bothering them, which is probably plenty, and hope to find it in a -grass-is-greener-lesson-plan during your hour. I have watched your earlier posts, and my heart goes out to you trying to accommodate such needy youth while running around the district attempting to service other schools. Plans which speak to their identity are good; it validates them as human beings while developing the aesthetic principles that you are after.

Anyway, as I blab on, my main point was that while I don't pretend to be an expert, I have been teaching art in Michigan for 28 years and have developed wonderful contacts through various districts and organizations in our state. If you wish to contact me privately, I'd be glad to compare lists and help you get in touch with some great resources locally who have helped me through some bad spells. creative-metals@home.com

The best part is, the year is 2/3 over....we are on the home stretch.

---