Frustrated in Michigan-need HS lessons.

---------

From: Jean Gallagher (jeanalice2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 23:38:14 PST

    I teach one hour of Beg. Art in the high school then off to two
different elementaries. I am spending huge amounts of time trying to
develop a class program for this one hour a day class.
    Really having a tough time this second semester, not the most
motivated group....either their out on suspension, late for class by 15
to 25 minutes, or "I'm too tired, or sick, or something." ARGHHH!!!!
     I need some easy, full proof, lessons where the kids feel
successful. All I hear is "I want to draw (better) not all this other
stuff you have been doing." We have done still lifes, shading
exercises, gesture drawing, contour drawing, some painting projects (I
thought they would like that-NOT!) mixing shades, tints, how to enlarge
using graphs.
    I am mentally exhausted trying to figure out how, what, and how to
get to these kids. PLEASE, any ideas would be appreciated, you are the
most wonderful group!
Thanks.....Jean in Michigan

---