Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Identity Projects

From: John Kupcinski (jckup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 21:02:16 PST

For resources you might check out Jaune Quick-to-See Smith.

Her work draws on her Native American background and contemporary issues of
identity, as well as environmental issues. Her work ("House" and "Tongass
Trade Canoe") was featured in the SchoolArts magazine (May/June 1996 and
October 1997).

For more on her, check out:

Resources from some other artists might include Miriam Schapiro's "Mother
Russia" (SchoolArts, March 1988) and Betye Saar (there is an excellent
article about her in Scholastic's ART, March 1998).

Hope this helps.